Need encouragement just a wish

If I had a do over I would have 10'ceilings w/wooden floors(concrete has no character),but I'm on the short end of life so 8' will have to do---kroll

I agree with Kroll on the wood floor idea. I came up in shops with wood block floors, as I'm sure many others here have. These new shops have those pretty epoxied concrete floors. if I drop a tool, it's usually trash' with the wood floor, you just pick the tool up and brush it off. Also, the wood flour is so much nicer to your back and knees. the only drawback to wood block floors, they don't like moisture. one little leak in the ceiling, and the floor stands up like a 2 foot tall pimple.

At GM in building 86 we had those block floor in the grinding area. On day the janitor decided he could get the residue of them if he did it one at a time. It was hilarious till the boss got there. He pulled the first one and before anyone could stop him they all popped. Good thing it was in an unused room. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

"Billy G"

I agree with Kroll on the wood floor idea. I came up in shops with wood block floors, as I'm sure many others here have. These new shops have those pretty epoxied concrete floors. if I drop a tool, it's usually trash' with the wood floor, you just pick the tool up and brush it off. Also, the wood flour is so much nicer to your back and knees. the only drawback to wood block floors, they don't like moisture. one little leak in the ceiling, and the floor stands up like a 2 foot tall pimple.

I am still rolling this around, the kid is remodeling the house so thats a sometime. Anyways I will go concrete and but like to plank it like a ship
bunged and all. Then in the old shop my father used to mop it with tranny fluid that looked good.
Roughly something like this I think I hope!

7-6-2013 7;20;58 AM.jpg

Back