Need help finding parts

jeepmann1

Registered
Registered
Howdy,
I have a:

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Jet Metal Lathe[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1236PY[/FONT]

Anyone have or know of some place I can find a table feed brass worm gear?
Thanks
George

Jet still make quite a few parts available for replacement parts. Several other vendors also sell the same machine with different paint colors so look around for machines that match and give that vendor a try too. HF does have a few parts and if they have it in the US you can get thm pretty quick. If they have to come from Chna it will be a while and you should look at sourcing it from somewhere else or making one to suit your need. Hope this helps

Bob

Do you have pictures of the gear? I have an enco 1236, pretty much the same thing. And my brass gear looks kinda rough but havnt taken it off to see how hard it would be to make a new one on the lathe.

Thanks for the help guys!
I will call Grizzly this morning and see if they have the gear and will post the results this evening.
thanks
George

Got the parts from Grizzly yesterday.Good service and friendly help. But they are different and will not fit.Sent the gear off to a place in Houston to have one made.
A nice lady at Jet said the lathe has been obsolete for many years and they do not have any parts left for it by the way.
Again thanks for the suggestions
George

Back