Need Help Finding Power Relay Replacement

jbolt

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I am trying to find a replacement power relay for a 25-30 year old central vacuum. It would not shut off when the hose was disconnected. I cracked the relay open, un-fused one of the contacts and cleaned them up so it is working again for now. I cannot find the model number online or any other reference to it.

The relay has 4 terminals and is normally open. The upper contacts are bridged. My best guess is it is a double pole single throw?

The transformer that powers the relay coil reads 29.6 VAC on my multi-meter

The vacuum motor is 120 VAC

Not sure how to decipher the label on the relay.

Delta Controls
275L101X24A S155D
17 FLA, 60 LRA 300 VAC
35 AMP 28 VDC/300 VAC
5 AMP 125 VDC
15 AMP 600 VAC
1 HP 120 VAC
1-½ HP 240 VAC
23009-70

Is it soldered into a circuit board, or resting in a socket? If it is in a socket, unplug it and photograph the underside of it,

Last edited:
There needs to be a picture of the underside, where the wires hook up.
Based upon the number, the coil is a 24 volt coil

Okay, yes, single pole single throw (N.O. SPST) relay, with a 24VAC coil. You have lots of options.
2 of the connections are for the coil (most likely), and two are your high current contacts.
You can even use a SPDT or a DPDT and simply don't use all the contacts.

I believe "Delta Controls" shortened their name to "Deltrol". This may help with your search.

Best I can come up with is a Deltrol 275 series with a "L" (tap and locator) mounting, 24vac coil and SPST-NO-DM configuration. Not sure what the DM stands for. Deltrol has no standard part number for that configuration. I can find one with a 24vdc coil but it has to be a ac coil the way the system works. Also striking out finding one comparable from a different manufacturer.

I am trying to find a replacement power relay for a 25-30 year old central vacuum. It would not shut off when the hose was disconnected. I cracked the relay open, un-fused one of the contacts and cleaned them up so it is working again for now. I cannot find the model number online or any other reference to it.

The relay has 4 terminals and is normally open. The upper contacts are bridged. My best guess is it is a double pole single throw?

The transformer that powers the relay coil reads 29.6 VAC on my multi-meter

The vacuum motor is 120 VAC

Not sure how to decipher the label on the relay.

Delta Controls
275L101X24A S155D
17 FLA, 60 LRA 300 VAC
35 AMP 28 VDC/300 VAC
5 AMP 125 VDC
15 AMP 600 VAC
1 HP 120 VAC
1-½ HP 240 VAC
23009-70

Here is the relay that I use for controlling my baseboard resistance heating (4,000 w). 24 vac coil, DPST 40amp@277 vac.

24 vac is common control voltage so look up industrial contractors.

You can find many options, if you have a Grainger store they have many.

Amazon also has them.

Coil voltage needs to be 24vac.

Contact rating does not need to be same, bigger is better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back