Need Help Identifying Arbor Press W/ Sears, Roebuck Co. Label?

DethMarine21

Registered
Registered
I recently bought this arbor press and the seller wasn't able to give much information about it. I am mainly just looking to find out the country and date of manufacture as well as any other information that might be available.

It has a Sears, Roebuck and Co. label on it but even after a lot of online research I was unable to find any other examples of Sears branded arbor presses. The fact that this label has a typo in it and is just a sticker made to look like a data plate almost makes me think that it is fake, although I fail to see why anyone would do this when no-name presses are available. I didn't pay a lot so I will be happy even if it is a Chinese brand. I bought it mainly to press apart some 1/4" drill chucks that need cleaning and any other light work that will come up.

It appears there is some deep pitting or possibly a casting flaw in the bore; should I be too concerned about this? Like I mentioned it will only be used occasionally for light work. I will make sure to grease and oil it up good before use.

Info from sticker:
Model Number: 351-226170
Date Code: 8107

Please see the pictures for details.

Any information is appreciated.

2015-10-13(2).jpg 2015-10-13(9).jpg 2015-10-13(8).jpg 2015-10-13(10).jpg 2015-10-13(5).jpg

Last edited:
Considering all the other normal dings nicks paint-chips rusted bits on the rest of the press, that "old label" has survived remarkably unscathed....

-frank

It doesn't look that bad. The pitting is flaws in the casting. I doubt you would tear it up unless you abused it badly.

I'd pump some grease in the pit holes and just use it , I doubt if you will ever wear it out and I don't think your strong enough to bust it using it the way it's intended.

Thanks for the replies everyone; they were very helpful. After looking up Colovos Company it appears that they are an importer and wholesaler so this press is most likely foreign manufactured. Like I mentioned this isn't really a big deal for me. I'm definitely looking forward to finding time to order some replacement bolts and get it cleaned up and re-greased / oiled.

Back