Need help identifying Bridgeport

Here's some info on the various Bridgeport heads:

Ted

I got the lathe and mill hooked up. The lathe was easy since it was single phase and just had to switch plugs. The mill was trickier. I had two different static phase converters and neither one liked trying to start the mill. VFD box is on the way. Quick question on hooking it up. How do I plug in the power feed motor? It's working but it is also 3 phase. Do I hook both motors together?

Were both of the phase converters using the same wall power? If that is the case, then you should only run one phase converter and wire them both up to that one. I have seen that using power from the same "breaker" can cause really weird stuff.

Jon

I installed another breaker and wire it to the static converter. I messed around with it today and installed the static converter on the small power feed motor and it works fine. Hopefully tomorrow my VFD box comes in and I'll power up the mill again.

The only thing I could find wrong with the mill after the VFD is that the plastic fine tune handle was cracked. I found a bar of 5" aluminum and turned it down with my new to me Leblond. It took longer than I imagined but it's done and I'm happy with the results. Not perfect, but better than it was. Judging by the pattern on the front, I trammed the mill in just right.

Attachments

• 20210127_230905.jpg
    20210127_230905.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11
  • 20210127_230930.jpg
    20210127_230930.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 9
Back