Need help to ID some parts!

GarageGuy

Active User
Registered
When I bought my Logan 820 about 3 weeks ago, it came with a big wooden box of "stuff". I could ID most of it, but there were a couple things I wasn't sure about.

There are two cast iron disks that look like raw lathe chuck backing plate castings, and I wanted to see if you thought the same, or if they're something completely different. There is a "3" cast into one, and a "4" cast into the other, so I'm guessing maybe the pattern had four pieces per flask and these are two of them. All the other numbers match on both pieces.

IMAG0063.jpgIMAG0064.jpg

There was another piece that was even more unusual. I'm guessing it was part of a large tool post grinder. What do you think?

IMAG0067.jpgIMAG0068.jpgIMAG0069.jpgIMAG0070.jpgIMAG0071.jpg

It has "SC23" cast into one end, and the handwheel moves the arbor horizontally. It's hard to see, but there are bearings on each end of the shaft.

Thanks for your help!

GG

IMAG0063.jpg IMAG0064.jpg IMAG0067.jpg IMAG0068.jpg IMAG0069.jpg IMAG0070.jpg IMAG0071.jpg

How thick are the "back plates" on their thickest area?Thick enough to screw onto a threaded lathe nose without the nose coming through.

I have never seen back plates with cast in data. But,that doesn't mean they couldn't exist. But,I have the suspicion they were made for some other use,and the lathe owner planned to use them for back plates.

Sorry, I should have included some dimensions. They are 6 1/4" in diameter. The disk is 5/8" thick, and thickness at the center boss is 1". Thanks!

GG

Back