Need Help w/ a Teco VFD at least a double check:

screamingelvis

Registered
Registered
I purvhased a TECO JNEE-203-H1 230 single phase in 230 3 phase out. I don't feel it a problem w/the unit as I have ran 2-110v single phase from the box to a switch (dual pole 30amp rating) along with s ground. Wired incoming on L1 & L3 and the ground where it belongs, outgoing to T1 T2 T3 and ground.

I'm either tired, naieve, or just thick but I flip the breaker then flip the switch by vfd and the breaker blows.

I called and asked the folks where I purchased the drive and they assured me my wiring should work.....

Any ideas?

Jim

1)disconnect the motor from VFD,then try breaker.your talking about one double pole breaker and not two single pole breakers,correct?----KrollKroll

I have ran 2-110v single phase from the box to a switch

Confused here, you ran two separate cables? Or one? What colors are hooked to what?

Gentlemen thank you for your responses....this time I was a bit thick and wired a 4 pole st switch improperly, you'ld think I wasn't that thick. The lathe as it turns out runs fine, with the exception of the indictor dial setting about 1/2 off the drive...(these hints I'll take!!) Please pass this on as well....

I would like to thank all who post here although I haven't been posting...doesn't mean I don't read almost everything I can get my hands on. Mr. Wells and the usual suspects do a fantastic job of giving information and helping just as the two replies here today would have done i'm sure.

I would also like to thank the posters here for not be-little-ing anyone out side the loop for their lack of insight.

Now that I'm up and running....(no i'm not going away) I will continue to look to you folks for help.

Sincerely,

Jim Currier WB9TVW

I wired my Teco FM50 L1 and L2 as the 2 hot wires. The neutral wire is not used. I did not use L3. The VFD case and machine should be grounded with the ground wire. Make sure You have 220-240 vac between terminals L1 and L2. Only the 1 hp and smaller models use the L1-L3, L3 being the nuetral for a 120 vac input. Bob

Last edited:
Thanks that's is what I thought as well.....3hp model L1 & L3 only i'm ok for now at least.....

Back