need help with Huanyang vfd

junk iron

Registered
Registered
Hey fellows I have a Huanyang 1.5 ,wired to a 1750 1hp it runs fine on 60hz,but when I try to run it on 40hz or anything lower it will shut off and display shows OA,also on 60 hz it pull 1.7 amp,if I run it on 40 hz it pulls 7amps,why does it pull so many amps set at lower hz?,motor is good took it and had it checked, also can't figure out what ter. to wire a pod. The worst manual ever saw!
Thanks

Check your Intermediate Voltage (PD009) setting, it should be about 15 Volts. If this is set too high, it will cause the drive to go over current (OA), as the frequency is decreased. Also check the Min Voltage (PD010), it should be set to about 8 Volts

Last edited:
The only other thing I can think of is the Max voltage, PD008, should be set to your motor nameplate voltage 230, I assume. You might also look at the Base Frequency, PD004, should be set to 60.

You might try starting the motor at about 15Hz and bring it up slowly to see what happens.

:dunno:

I'm running out of ideas here. I have never seen a VFD act as you describe.

here is what I have in it now
pd003-60
pd004-60
pd005-60
pd008-220
023-01
044-02
045-03

142-4
141-220
144-1720
143-4
014-3
015-3
does fine until I change hz.

This entire thread taken as a whole seems to indicate that your settings are correct. It acts like that the voltage is not reducing as the frequency is reduced, or is possibly even increasing. It is like the VFD is trying to keep the motor at a constant HP by increasing the torque as the speed is reduced.

If you have a volt meter, you might look at the motor voltage across 2 legs while slowly decreasing the frequency, the voltage should go down. I am beginning to think that maybe you have a bad VFD.

Sent it back today. I contact Huanyang and they gave me pd to put in and still over amps

Back