[4]

Need help with info on 2 auction purchases

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Canus

Registered
Picked up a couple of items at an auction and have not been able to find any information on either of them. Hopefully someone on the forum can help. The first is an electric motor made by Baumuller Nurnberg. Think it is a drive motor for some type of CNC machine. Am attaching photos.
The second item is an electric motor driven grease pump made by Trabon Lubricating Systems. This unit has a Siemans motor but no data plate on the motor. There is a data plate on the unit itself. Also attaching photos.
Any information on these components would be appreciated. I really have no need for these items and would like to find them a home where they will be used otherwise they will be sold as scrap. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Attachments

markba633csi

Platinum
Registered
The Baumuller looks like a gearmotor- planetary gears? And a 24v clutch? That could be worth something-Nurnberg? Hmmm
The Trabon no idea- I see Houdaille on the label, they were affiliated with Logan for a time
Mark

aliva

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Why would you bid on something you have no need for. Other than they look cool

Canus

Registered
Threw out a $10 bid for fun and giggles and damn if I didn't win. Now to figure out what to do with them. Not sure if the Baumuller is a gear motor or not but it must weigh 200 lbs or more. With the number of bars on the commutator I'm guessing it is a DC motor but could easily be wrong. At least I can salvage about a gallon of grease in the Trabon unit. Salvaging the motor from the Trabon would be cool but with no data plate I have no idea of whether AC or DC or voltage.

aliva

Active User
for 10$ I would do the same

Superburban

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
Threw out a $10 bid for fun and giggles and damn if I didn't win. Now to figure out what to do with them. Not sure if the Baumuller is a gear motor or not but it must weigh 200 lbs or more. With the number of bars on the commutator I'm guessing it is a DC motor but could easily be wrong. At least I can salvage about a gallon of grease in the Trabon unit. Salvaging the motor from the Trabon would be cool but with no data plate I have no idea of whether AC or DC or voltage.
There is a local online auction like that here. I have picked up a bunch of treasures for the opening bid of $3. They are only open for a few hours on Sat, to go and look, which I can't make, so I just go off the pics.

Trabon is still around, try E-mailing them. I agree, it sounds like DC.

Richard King 2

Master Machine Tool Rebuilder & Instructor
H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
We used to see those Trabon units on Auto Screw machines and Blanchard grinders. We stripped them off and threw them away. I wouldn't take it you gave it to me.

[5] [7]