Need members middle of Arkansas

I moved it around in my car without a problem. It is completely broken down.

I spoke with tommied earlier and he is going to come pick it up :)
Thank you guys so much.

Well, I think this worked out fine. Very generous of you to offer the lathe, and it looks to be a nice project with potential to be a good, working lathe when it is done. There is plenty of support for SB on the Internet, and parts are generally available.

tommied, you should be grateful for this, and remember in the future how it feels to be handed something like this. It should make both parties feel good. But of course, since this deal came together here, I think there is an implied obligation for you to let us follow you along the path to restoration. We can probably provide some help, gladly I might add. I'm not particularly strong on SB knowledge, but I'll help when I can, and there are those here who do know a great deal about them.

Thank you both!

Tony,
Thank you, so far I have enjoyed browsing the forum. I will start posting soon, lots of good questions on here.
Phil

Phil,
I'm glad you came on in. I know you're handling a plateful with the move and all, and are a busy man. But all the same, whenever you feel like it, pop in for a visit and enjoy the forum. Of course, non of us has all the answers, but collectively, there is a ton of knowledge here. And each of us is a part of that. So questions or answers, your participation is appreciated.

Good to see that someone is going to get some use out of it. I am not sure how long it would be before I would be able to get around to it.

Congrats to tommied for taking on this project. Glad Phil was willing to see it have a new home rather than scrap it. Wish you both the best. I have ran the South Bends before and they make a great addition to a home shop. I personally am looking for something that is a little larger ( 14 - 16" ). Good luck, Arky

Back