Need Part Holding Help

FYI. Have not tried this but Keith Appleton shows using Locktite 603 (green) to glue down parts for positioning. He placed a steam chest cover on a valve and then came back and center punched the holes. You heat the part to break loose like superglue. Have some on the way. I can see a use for it if it works better then super glue. With double stick tape, you can run the risk of bending or damaging the part if you try to remove it. I usually just leave it there. I build weird things all the time for customers.

Okay guys here is what I ended up doing. As I clamped the piece ever so slightly it would roll over towards the middle piece. I ended up putting a 1/4" parallel in front (laying flat) so the clamp would apply force only on the lower part. It stayed flat. the drilling forces were so light it worked well.
Thanks for all the suggestions.
I'm almost done just need a motor then will have to make arbors for all the wheels. Looking for an air bearing as well.
Does anyone know of someone who successfully made one?
Mark Frazier used a 1/2 hp 48 frame 3600 rpm motor. He suggested a bench grinder would be better. I'm also thinking about a 3 phase with a cheap VFD. might be nice to vary the speed when using a diamond wheel or other applications.
Any suggestions are welcomed.
1581557538517.png
1581557578130.png

Oh and I really made some major mistakes on making the dials as you can see in the pic. I had never made any with the numerals and did not practice beforehand. At least I won't make those mistakes again.

I made a sort of Gorton clone a while back. Used a small treadmill motor, control the speed with a simple variac transformer and bridge rectifier.
Nice compact motor.

Greg

Back