Need some ideas, please...

When the FedEx guy leaves my package over a mile away at the community mail box on top of the mail boxes I just report it missing. FedEx will NEVER fix the problem if it doesn't cost them money. The local fire department has EVERY house in my neighborhood clearly labeled with a green sign with the number of the address CLEARLY visible from quite far down the road.

P.S. My packages now always arrive at my front door in the wooden box I built that is clearly labeled "Packages".

Last edited:
I would suggest calling Fedex and asking them what the solution is. They maybe able to fix it in their software, or directions.
Are you signed up with Fedex so you can give them directions where to leave the package?

I had to do that with UPS, they would leave it in the middle of a garage door, and on a few occassions it was run over by the car, or it was soaked from rain... I told them leave it under the portico by the front door... mostly gets there, but some idiots think that means out in the middle of the walk in the elements.

You can create a shipping document that can be printed on a plain paper that can be attached to box.

If dealing with a human making order you can advise the difficulty and request they receive your document you send and they can copy the instructions to the shipping instructions as well as attach to box.

Document has very large text indicating how to deliver...

Also insist the shopper require signature

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

We've contacted FedEx several times... they pass the buck off on the contract delivery personnel.

FedEx used to be the most reliable in my area... but since they went to using contractors their service has went to crap.

Most of the delivery guys are driving Ryder rental box trucks... they don't wear uniforms... they are self employed independent contractors. They get paid by how many deliveries they make... and it doesn't seem to matter where they deliver the packages.

Last year, I had ordered 4 tires from tirerack.com... I tracked the tires until they were listed as 'delivered at front door'... but they weren't at my door. I drove around the neighborhood looking for 4 tires... how can you miss 4 tires in front of someone's door? I didn't find them...

The next day, a FedEx truck pulled up at my house with a package that required a signature... for my neighbor. After showing him where to go, I asked about the tires... he had them on his truck!

If they get tired of delivering, or run out of time, they just list thd remaining packages as 'delivered'... so they still get paid for them! If I hadn't asked about my tires, I don't know if I would ever have received them! Also, because they were listed as 'delivered', it's much more difficult to file a lost package claim or get a refund!

I'm frustrated... can you tell? Lol...

-Bear

I agree set up a fed ex package manager account, it really places you on the radar with them.
Last week they called because they couldn't find the house......my phone number is on my package manager account.

I was notified this morning by Fedex of a prescription drug delivery today. At 5PM, I checked their tracking site and it is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. This is the second time in a week but I chalk it up to the season.

We must be special in this area because we have never had a misplaced FedEx package. We are in a rural area and I don't know if that makes a difference. It is common to see a FedEx vehicle go past the house several times a day.

When the FedEx guy leaves my package over a mile away at the community mail box on top of the mail boxes I just report it missing. FedEx will NEVER fix the problem if it doesn't cost them money. The local fire department has EVERY house in my neighborhood clearly labeled with a green sign with the number of the address CLEARLY visible from quite far down the road.
That is getting to be the standard that delivery people look for in the rural areas.Best is green reflective background, with white or black letters. If there is two driveways, I have seen more signs pointing to the right house. My not be the best design wise, but if it helps an ambulance, or fire truck, I will put it in.

P.S. My packages now always arrive at my front door in the wooden box I built that is clearly labeled "Packages".
I have seen that a lot around here. Some that are a ways from the house, even have a lock hanging there that the driver can lock it up after they drop the package in. No idea what they do if there is two different packages that day.

Looked at one property where they had a metal flag that drops down and stays down when the lid is lifted, so they know if a package was left.

Back