Need suggestions: foot for panels

Marco Bernardini

Active User
Registered
I'm back from a week long sort of :drink2: county fair.
I made on the fly some general purpose panels/frames using "some" lath (8 meters every panel!) joined like a capital squared A, with another couple of perpendicular lath as foot.
Every feet is joined to the vertical strip like an upside down T, with a screwed L plate to keep the parts together.
Even if pretty coarse these frames were very appreciated by all the stands as a fast way to hang posters and other things.
This frame will give you an idea of the shape:
http://www.displays2go.com/P-10990/...x-40-Posters?st=Category&sid=2284&position=17
This is a sub-optimal solution for a good storage and moving of these panels, because fixed foot are too bulky.

I need a solution to make the foot easily removable… :think1:
The vertical part is 30×40 mm and the feet is 40×20 mm, and of course everything is made with the less expensive (but still expensive!!!) wood I found around.
Do you have suggestions for a way to make a robust joint which can be assembled without tools in a very short time by totally unskilled helpers?

Could you use some cheap 4 inch hinges to allow the feet to fold against the panel when not in use. You could put them in the middle of the foot and the panels would remain stable and it would allow a little easier folding when you are done? You would need a pin and loop on the other side to prevent it from folding when erected. Simple enough for even the least experienced helper too.

Bob

If the feet were able to rotate 90 degrees then at least the stand would be flat for storage.

-frank

Back