Need to find a square seal / silicone or ....

fred339

Registered
Registered
I'm fixing an espresso machine. One of the parts is no longer provided by the original equipment manufacturer. Since I don't often browse mechanical parts, I'm hoping that someone here could tell me where to look. I have already tried and didn't come up with much on the web. I can Google fine but just don't know where to go directly.

What I need to find is this:
A (white or translucent) silicone square seal .. almost:
55mm OD x 45mm ID x 5mm thick. So, like an O-ring but with a square cross-section 5mm x 5mm; thus, "square seal".
This particular part is grooved in the center of the outer circumference - so that the outside has two sealing surfaces.
I don't think the dimensions of this groove detail is critical so I'd say it might be 1mm wide and 1mm deep and the remaining material on either side of the outer circumference about 2mm each.

I'm guessing that the material is silicone from it's flexibility and relative softness. Whatever I find should be suitable for food processing.
I said above, white or translucent because that's what the original part likely was. As long as the food processing part is OK then I don't care about the color.
It's not feasible for me to consider fabricating these seals so I'd really appreciate being pointed in a likely direction to just buy them.

Thanks!

What you are describing is a "quad seal". It is utilized in reducing friction but still sealing as good or better than a traditional oring.

The product you are describing most likely is silicone although it could be Vitron or FKM. YOu may find Buna-N and Nitril as the most common material.

Last edited:
What kind of espresso machine are you working on and which part are you talking about?

^^^ Post #5. LOL ^^^

Back