Need Wiring Help - Enco Mill 100-1525

That little box is supposed to generate 3-phase from 1-phase 220v power?
It looks like it could be a static converter which would work, but you would get only 2/3 motor power.
Lots of people use them though, they are simple and reliable.
You might want to try bypassing the reversing switch and just
connect the motor direct to the box with temporary extender wires
Ill have to try. Wont have the 2 speed tho...

Yes, but it's easier to strip it down to the simplest form for troubleshooting, initially anyhow
I'd like to know what's in that box- it seems like it could be either a big capacitor or some kind of solid state thing
Not much to go wrong with a capacitor but if it's something else it could be dead
You could measure the three output lines for voltage if you had a multimeter, but without a load
connected you might not get a valid reading

Last edited:
Ill have to try. Wont have the 2 speed tho...
Ya i bought that. To try it out. It does run but bogs on high speed. Also bought a mysweety vfd. Try that.
Yes, but it's easier to strip it down to the simplest form for troubleshooting, initially anyhow
I'd like to know what's in that box- it seems like it could be either a big capacitor or some kind of solid state thing
Not much to go wrong with a capacitor but if it's something else it could be dead
You could measure the three output lines for voltage if you had a multimeter, but without a load
connected you might not get a valid reading
I do have a multi meter. Ill test the output tomorrow evening. i was gonna try wiring up just the motor to the 3 phase conveter. They do call it solid state.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230909_195726_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230909_195726_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 0
Probably, and this is a guess, the little box does a high speed switching simulation of a third leg, so the result
may be similar to a static converter: only 2/3 motor power available
The VFD will be much more satisfactory, once you get it programmed
They should make one in yellow, call it "MyTweety" get it? LOL

Back