• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Project of the Month Reward

Please nominate your favorite Project of the Month HERE! We will now pay $50 to the winners of the Project of the Month, payable in Amazon Gift Card, PayPal (inclusive of fees), Ebay gift card (inclusive of fees), or Visa gift card (purchase and delivery fees included).
[4]

New 12 Z Mill Charter Oak Automation

January Project of the Month [3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

gearhead406

Iron
Registered Member
I just got my new mill into my garage ordered some nt 30 tooling had to wait for the tool holders to get here, took 3 weeks from china. bolted a vice to the table.
I had the machine wired for about three weeks now. My wife keeps making fun of me because whenever i walk by the mill I have to turn it on to still see if it works. So my tool holders come in i get one set up and decide to make a few T-nuts. Get through about 1/2 of a T-nut and smoke starts pouring out of the motor.Double check wiring. that is all fine motor is junk. hope this get resoled soon. It took me six months to even get the mill from when i ordered it. The mill will be cnc'd but still need the mill in order to make parts while I'm cnc'ing it. Any others have a problem like this with their machines.

wrmiller

Chief Tinkerer
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Sorry, no motor problems to report on mine. Mine came with the 3hp motor upgrade. Is yours 2hp or 3? Not that it matters, as they need to replace that motor ASAP. Ask Paul for a upgrade to a USA made motor! :D

gearhead406

Iron
Registered Member
mine is 2 hp for now. I did buy a 3 phase 3 hp motor but need other motor to make parts for the motor conversion.

wrmiller

Chief Tinkerer
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Is your 3hp motor the one from CO? Or one you bought?

gearhead406

Iron
Registered Member
It is one that I had purchased but has a 1 1/8 in shaft diameter.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
[6]
[5] [7]