New biplane at our house

n3480h

Active User
Registered
So, what can one do with some scrap lumber, a few bits of hardware, a little paint, and more tools than one man should own? Build a biplane swing to spoil the grandkids! Pilot sits inside on a plush padded vinyl seat, the machine gun swivels and has an electronic machine gun sound module, and the prop spins in the wind. I hope they like it.

The only machined part is the prop bearing mount, which holds a 3/4" tapered roller bearing. With the wind we always have in NW Iowa, that bearing will get a workout.

Tom
Bipe B.jpgBipe A.jpg

Bipe A.jpg Bipe B.jpg

Very nice, what a great idea.....!:))

Edit: I liked you plane so much I came back for a second look and I noticed you said grandchildren and not grandchild, I can for see a lineup at the swing set, and possibly some brawling and a few tears, LOL :))

Last edited:
Nece work.:man: Now you just need a weedeater motor to turn the prop.

Hmmm, I can forsee some wing walking in the future.

Cheers Phil

Sonerai_9-30-12_A.jpg
Hmmm, I can forsee some wing walking in the future.

Cheers Phil

No doubt, Phil. My "test pilot" granddaughter is 5, but she has a new sister and two new brothers - triplets - born April 3rd. I will have to build a control tower tree house in that apple tree so that the other three will have activities while one is flying. This is going to be fun!

Tom

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice, what a great idea.....!:))

Edit: I liked you plane so much I came back for a second look and I noticed you said grandchildren and not grandchild, I can for see a lineup at the swing set, and possibly some brawling and a few tears, LOL :))

Thank you Don. See my reply to Phil. It was all such a simple idea in the beginning, but now I see I am going to have to build an entire airport. That's ok, my son has an excavation business and several caterpillars.:)) I am also building a full scale 2 seat Sonerai experimental plane, and I have an ultralight. Both are hangared here on the farm. The kids should feel included with their own plane.

Tom

Sonerai_9-30-12_A.jpg

Naw, an Airbus A380 would be way too much overkill. But a nice Super King Air would work well!

Back