New biplane at our house

Cool!

There's a new (to me) biplane at my house too:

fisher.jpg

Spent the past few weeks working through various issues mostly related to years of storage and hangar rash, but I'm hoping it'll be flying within the next few weeks (hoping to start the engine for the first time today).

But I can see one like yours in my grandchildren's future (no grandkids yet, first daughter's getting married in August).

fisher.jpg

Cool!

There's a new (to me) biplane at my house too:

View attachment 79074

Spent the past few weeks working through various issues mostly related to years of storage and hangar rash, but I'm hoping it'll be flying within the next few weeks (hoping to start the engine for the first time today).

But I can see one like yours in my grandchildren's future (no grandkids yet, first daughter's getting married in August).

Sweet! Just guessing: Fisher Celebrity with a 1/2 VW? Very nice lines and should be a hoot to fly.
Pic is N13H, a highly modified Smith known as a Cinquanta Hornet. Fresh out of the paint shop after I rebuilt her. I regret selling her.
Bipe.jpg

Tom

Bipe.jpg

Close... it's a Fisher FP-404 with a Mosler engine (which, yes, is essentially a 1/2VW).

Well, the Test Pilot came out this evening, eager to take the biplane out for a spin. Imagination soon took over and she established herself as an Ace, using the machine gun to take out several bogies (birds, butterflies, and a commercial flight at about 35,000 feet). This little project has been great fun, but nothing beats the smiles and laughs she gave us. This memory will last a very long time.

Tom

Kirra flying bipe.jpg

Kirra flying bipe.jpg

Well, the Test Pilot came out this evening, eager to take the biplane out for a spin. Imagination soon took over and she established herself as an Ace, using the machine gun to take out several bogies (birds, butterflies, and a commercial flight at about 35,000 feet). This little project has been great fun, but nothing beats the smiles and laughs she gave us. This memory will last a very long time.

Tom

That's very cute Tom, nice to see kids enjoying them selfs, we have a grandson creeping up on his first birthday, I think I'll be stealing your idea in a year ot two:))

That is a cool project. She will always remember that. Great work.

Jeff

Tom

View attachment 79156

I’m sure you had your moments to build it. But, wasn’t it worth it to get that smile!

Back