New boat anchor roller

Ed.

Active User
Registered
This is a boat anchor rope roller I made for the front of my boat that I am fixing up.

Cut the frame shape out of 4mm 316 plate and then TIG welded it up. Machined up a roller to run the 13mm nylon rope and the 16mm anchor shank sits above the curved recess when under way, knurled a round bit of 316 for extra grip and TIG welded it to a pin which goes through the anchor shaft to lock it in place when not in use and also keeps the rope from jumping out of place when at anchor.

3 Bow roller complete IMG_0701.jpg 1 Rope roller IMG_0688.jpg 2 Roller and knurled knob IMG_0700.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Top work as usual Ed!
I'm glad i can follow your progress somewhere (without being a creepy stalker:)).

Have you had much time to spend on the boat?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work as usual Ed! ::thumbzup::

OT. Looks like ozf crashed again. I think maybe Steelart is over it? ::shark::

Thanks HQ308 and 4R8, It is starting to come together now, lost quite a bit of time building the trailer and finding another vehicle to tow it after the deal for the first vehicle fell through, (several months) Yep it doesn't look real promising for OZF, but you never know it could come back.

Starting to make more boat bits now, most of it's welding so I won't post here as it is a machining site and soon the fibreglassing starts. I will send you guys a PM. Cheers.

Ed.

Back