New CD Transport

Buffalo21

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I’m very disappointed, the Pioneer Elite PD-65 CD player in the home stereo has died, it lasted for about 23 yrs, many thousands of hours and CDs. I’ve been looking for a new player/transport for about 2 weeks, looking everywhere. Absolutely nothing local or semi local, I finally found one on Audio Advisor, a Cambridge Audio CXC v2, should be here by Wednesday.

I can gladly live without TV, but music is a requirement, like air and water.

I converted my entire CD collection to mp3 a couple of decades ago. So much more versatile and compact than discs. The micro-SD card in my smartphone contains over 500 "albums" and is only half full. I'm still hearing songs by the Stones I've never heard before, to say nothing of the Dead. Definitely like air and water.

I have 15,000+ cds, the MP3 players so far that I heard, sound fuzzy to me, maybe there better now, my iPod is music, but sounds nothing like the cds on the stereo.

We have not played any of our devices since Alexa came down the road, except in our vehicles.

If you do decide to go digital, try Flac. Being a lossless format, it's not got the same fudgy sound as MP3. Or Tidal if you want lossless streaming.

Good luck with the transport swap, it can be a right royal pain on some systems.

I know how you feel Jack . My Carver died a few years back and none of them ever show up on the Bay . My model had the Digital Time Lens option and no-one else had it . :dunno: Can't find anyone around to fix it either .

My wife signed up for Sirius XM fro her commute to work and I put the app on an old tablet I have. I don't listed to normal radio anymore (other than when sirius locks up which is all the time)

Classic vinyl is the station I like best.

Good luck on your quest for a replacment unit CD player!

I have Sirius XM also, i used to listen to Sirius XM comes alive ch 316 tell two days ago when they made it streaming only. :confused:

I can still stream it, I just don't stream anything much. Classic vinyl is my go to channel now.

I don't listen to my CDs much any more, my wife still does so I would replace it if it quits.

Picked up a Pioneer 25 CD player in Goodwill for $25 over 10yrs ago. It’s my garage stereo with my dad’s Pioneer receiver and small ESS speakers. Sounds great but mostly I listen to my Bluetooth in ears and Pandora on my phone now. Cuts the noise and I can hear better. I have around 10,000 cd and around 1,000 vinyl.

I’ve had Sirius XM radio, for years, in the service van and in the cars, does not fix my needs at home, I know there is Alexa, Siri and a few other services, but they pale in comparison to a good stereo.

Back