New fantastic welder

Torbo

Active User
Registered
It was purchased new welder at the weekend. It was a Reli 200, at good price and maximum 200 amps. Variable height and div. peculiarities. Tried it a little to some tasks, and it was difficult to stop! I welded absolutely beautiful, like putting on thick paint with a artist brush.
But it had not wheel suspension on it. So then I had to make. It went okay, but I'll make a better grip for better control of the "vehicle". The carriage also got hold of the gas bottle. Mison or CO2.
I did not have loose wheel, so I decided to make two of 3 mm aluminum plate and turn them round in the lathe. The outer edge of the rim was built on with aluminum strips which were welded together to form a ring. The hub, two aluminiumrods with 10 mm holes in it.
They should have 2-3 mm rubber tires, but so far, gaffa tape tire.
It provides extreme low profile: 20/2 R3,5 - 10 profile! Take that!
Which tires should I use rubber from a hose to the tire, I obtain?
ramma: :thinking:
ao6gl4.jpg
And extreme low profile. Then I can weld in cornering high speed ... :))
551ny0.jpg
To fasten the welder I turned four guide pins that go Up in the rubber feet of the appliance.
jikfgi.jpg
As for fixing gas bottle I made a circular ring of 1 mm plate, which was welded to the end of the frame / wagon. I took the job of adapting it down in the recess at the end. And with 2 mm clearance I have room to paint and duct tape top. When should the "sit" alone.

ao6gl4.jpg

551ny0.jpg

jikfgi.jpg

ao6gl4.jpg

551ny0.jpg

jikfgi.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool fabrication & design. I like your cylinder cut-out in the rectangular tubing. Quite clever.

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!
The cylinder-cut was taken with a lot of 6 mm drill hole, and then angle grinder. In the recess I will put a cylinder that match the Mison/CO2 gas cylinder.
I will have 2 mm space for paint and some gaffatape in the top.
To get the wheel axle stable I welded a nuts on each side for the wheel axle. I will paint the wagon with rim paint I think.
The next and last is to make a handle.
Some good ideas?

I forgot to tell about the welder. It is a inverter technology. That means small dimensions and good effect.

It could weld with less use of gas. I tried with 5 l/min, and it worked well. Outside I think I need more....

May bee I ned ti safe and by some parts now, for some reasons?
It was not an normal welder shop....

Great job on the cart!! & Yes i agree inverter welders are awesome especially for hobby use due to the compact size for a given output.
We used to buy Miller Syncrowave 350's for production here at work. However for last 5 yrs or so we are replacing them one by one with Maxstar 200 DX an the operators love them.

In the weekend I got nearly ready with the welding wagon:
2ryo5li.jpg

on top I put on a ring with 1 mm steel plate and simply filler and primer to make it extra strong.
I need to make a handle.. I will look for som material first...

2ryo5li.jpg

2ryo5li.jpg

Ready, but may be I should make an holder for the cables?

qqa4oo.jpg

qqa4oo.jpg

qqa4oo.jpg

qqa4oo.jpg

Merry Christmas to all "forumists"!
rkr874.jpg

From my Volvo Duett and me.

rkr874.jpg

Happy Christmas back !

The nice little house looks very charming :thumbsup:
Not to mention it is less to clean and paint etc.

En stuga i Sverige er inte ille!
A cottage in Bäckefors in Sweden is not bad....
And a nice cat and garage.

qn3dw4.jpg
2py6zrp.jpg

There is another house there to with better kitchen, and near Norway where I work and live half of the time.....
Near some other inside here to..

So over tomorrow I will go to Sweden and my projects...

qn3dw4.jpg

2py6zrp.jpg

Back