New Granville 7x18 lathe back from the dead.

Google "clough42 ELS". The project is on github. I followed the basics of hsi build and modified a little to suit my needs.
It's amazing to be able to select feed rate or thread pitch at the push of a button, imperial or metric. Can change feed on the fly while cutting.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Google "clough42 ELS". The project is on github. I followed the basics of hsi build and modified a little to suit my needs.
It's amazing to be able to select feed rate or thread pitch at the push of a button, imperial or metric. Can change feed on the fly while cutting.

Very smart - too much for me - I will play with gears for now

All the tricky stuff has been done for you. Hardest part is to physically build it onto the lathe. It's sure not a cheap upgrade, my setup cost about $600, but then I over built mine by 50% in terms of motor power, power supply, etc.

All the tricky stuff has been done for you. Hardest part is to physically build it onto the lathe. It's sure not a cheap upgrade, my setup cost about $600, but then I over built mine by 50% in terms of motor power, power supply, etc.

I am sure you are right but I am a sucker for old machinery and mechanical solutions - see how I get on ha ha - a machinist mate of mine is coming over to get me going on threads - to be honest I need old British threads to keep my vintage bike on the road mostly

Thanks for the tips!
I will take a look.

Back