New guy here with a couple questions

What do you all do with your old cutters that are past a resharp. seems such a waste to throw them in the scrap bin...
If there is enough metal there to use for a future project, I put it in my materials area.

Usually, however, I throw them out.

And when it comes to carbide inserts,you can alwas braze or silver solder it to a piece of stock and sharpen with a diamond stone to make some special tool or boring bar or...... Bill you can add to this at any time now...or......

Welcome to the group @ghack !

....I can't wait until I can finally finish my Darex E90 sharpener and put it to work......

-brino

Hey ole Buddy, I can’t wait either :laughing:

Dead carbide goes into a separate pile, carbide has a real high scrap vale last time I checked so no mater how used up or worn out or unuseable it is, it still has value.

Yep, I rarely throw a tool bit away...except for a few end mills I wrecked when I was learning to use my Darex E90. :)

Anyone know what the price is for scrap carbide? I have never seen how much it is worth.

Joe

The price varies dramaticaly, It can go from $5 /lb to $9 /lb or anywhere between in just a few weeks. Location also has an effect, All you can do is to call around for current price quotes at the time you are ready to sell. Every dealer also has different ways of doing things. There is no common price or method. You may have to watch the prices daily and jump when it hits a number you like.

Back