New Irwin tools commercial?

fretsman

Active User
Registered
Has anyone seen this as of yet? Check out 0:06

Am I the only one that choked when it came to the part with the vise grips on the mill head?

Dave

[video=youtube;eHmeHbsi-LY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHmeHbsi-LY[/video]

Irwin Australia are running a similar ad campaign here down under.
It also is for National Tradesmans day-obviously an Irwin contrivance on both sides of the pond.

It appears the same dipsticks have control over the ads.
The actors do some very non tradesman like actions- in our case using multi -grips ( channel lock type pliers) on a nut)

Mig welding using plastic coated Vice grips to hold the part in place - the operator is clad short sleeve shirt.

I was a tech college instructor and I guess like your fellas ,they would never teach this in tech college.

This is an insult to tradies as is the poor quality Chinese manufactured junk they are trying to sell to us.

Oz

This is the first I've seen this clip, and frankly I have to remind myself that most ad men have no idea how to properly use the tools, they just need to show them off, which they have done. They've also shown their own lack of knowledge!

A perfect advertisement for the "bubba" type crowd? :shrugs:

Unfortunately, the vast majority of the population does not know how to use tools or even cares.

JMHO

-Ron

What I find incongruous is that Irwin are promoting a promotion featuring a national trades persons day . National machine butchers day perhaps, but not national trades persons day.:angry:

The notion that a tradesman might take a pair of Vice Grips to any bolt or nut,let alone that bolt is on a precision tool like a mill, is not one I am happy to see this company promote. It portrays a trades person who has no idea what he is doing. The Irwin Irwin management need the vice grips used used on a different set of nuts over this one. :jester:

Perhaps they need a few of us to tell what we really think.
Oz

Real tradesmen know the mig pliers are for Larry to hold Curly's nose so Moe can pull his wisdom teeth with the vise grips.:lmao:

The vice grip was invented and built in Nebraska for about 45 years, I believe irwin tools is making it in China, if it's like the other tools that are made in China the jaws are not hard enough to do any damage.:angry:

The vice grip was invented and built in Nebraska for about 45 years, I believe irwin tools is making it in China, if it's like the other tools that are made in China the jaws are not hard enough to do any damage.:angry:

Thats quite funny i will use that the next time i'm stuck some ware with only some vice grips ;-)

Stuart

I don't know if anyone noticed but Irwin changed the commercial and removed the Bridgeport scene.

They'll probably redo it using a pair clamped to the spindle as a fly cutter to demonstrate their super gripping power :rofl:

Back