New Lathe Tool Grinding Jig Project Completed

atwatterkent

Active User
Registered
I've added a new album with 8 photos of my shop made South Bend copy lathe grinding jig. I added a 1/2" holder to the original set which included 3/16", 1/4", 5/16", and 3/8".
The graduations on the tool inserts were made with a .010 thick slitting saw mounted on my horizontal mill.

The local community college is going to use it as a class project in the MCHN Tool 2 which is dedicated to teaching lathe operations.

PICT2785.JPG PICT2783.JPG

I've added a new album with 8 photos of my shop made South Bend copy lathe grinding jig. I added a 1/2" holder to the original set which included 3/16", 1/4", 5/16", and 3/8".
The graduations on the tool inserts were made with a .010 thick slitting saw mounted on my horizontal mill.

The local community college is going to use it as a class project in the MCHN Tool 2 which is dedicated to teaching lathe operations.

atwatterkent,

Are there drawings somewhere for this project?

Benny

Top of page, under articles - click on gallery - then albums.......

To get to albums, click thr community drop down at the top.

I made a dimensioned drawing for the project. I'll scan it in and put it in the album.

I've also added photos of the original SB set I saw for sale on ebay for a buy it now price of $225.00---------------- totally ridiculous!

The photos have been added to the album but,I guess it takes a few hours to get the photos to show up.

alisam jig 1.jpg alisam jig 2.jpg

Last edited:
To get to albums, click thr community drop down at the top.

Yep. I was in the right place. Did you add it to "Mill mods and projects"? I see 24 pictures, not those.
I guess it takes a while as you say.

Thanks
JF

High res dimensioned drawing and photos

I opened a new album for this project and also added them to the "mill mods & projects but they, for some reason, have not been posted yet. If you PM me with an email address, I'll send high res photos and the print which is about 1.6MB to anybody that is interested.

img005 (1).jpg

Photos, instructions, and pics of the set I made and the original set are now in the album.

I can see it all now.
Thanks a lot for a neat project!

Back