New member and Burke Millrite owner

cgcwmec627

Registered
Registered
My membership was approved and I am glad to see a dedicated Burke thread.
My Burke Millrite MVN69 is a nice well maintained machine that came from a High school vocational shop and I doubt it ever had much use.
I'll post pictures later.

Welcome to the forum! I have a 1968 MVN that is a joy to use. I look forward to seeing your machine pictures.

Welcome to the forum! I have a 1968 MVN that is a joy to use. I look forward to seeing your machine pictures.
Here it is.
I looked for some time for a Burke knee mill,even considered having one shipped from a seller in Ohio then one came up for sale in the next town over from me and it's mine.

Attachments

• 20231122_094440.jpg
    20231122_094440.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 38
Nice, looks like you have the fine downfeed, mine has the rapid style. I was trying to figure out which mill to get when I actually found my Millrite on Ebay in my town about 18 years ago. The seller even loaded it on his trailer and brought it to my house.

IMG_1652.jpeg

Very nice,mine came with the old browning axis drive.Itstill works fine.
The vise on the right came with it,it has a military ordinance stamp on it.Cool piece to have.
The one on the left was advertised by a guy just down the road from me as a "drill press vise",I bought it for 40 bucks and once I cleaned it found out it is a 4 inch Kurt.
Sometimes you get lucky.

Attachments

• 20231029_162304.jpg
    20231029_162304.jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 18
Nice score on the vise! I have a cheap 4” vise on mine, but am thinking about getting a 5” vise. The 4” works for most things, but figure if I am getting something of higher quality, might as well go up a bit in size too. I don’t have a power feed yet, that is something I would like to get.

Neat- I didn't know some of those had a motorized shaft-driven downfeed- you scored on that one
and the vises too

Neat- I didn't know some of those had a motorized shaft-driven downfeed- you scored on that one
and the vises too
I wasn't aware of the power drive for the quill on millrite machines until I saw this one.Nice feature to have.
The vise it came with is a Palmgren

I didn’t realize the quill was power driven, I didn’t even know that was available! That sounds like a nice feature with a boring head or when drilling. With my quill feed, it’s hard to get a nice finish while boring, it’s kind of like boring with a drill press.

Back