new member intros today

road

Active User
Registered
Holy Canoli look at All the new member intro's today !

Welcome to all of the new members ....

Holy cow was my thought also. This site is growing very fast. I just hope in does not become convoluted with the stress and nonsense which brought me here from "the others".

One of the other hobby forums I am a member on has a Christmas thread, in which members post and offer free gifts to other site members.

Every year at this time there is an influx of "new members" and believe me they come out of the wood work..
The thread is closely monitored with rules set in place by volunteers as the mods have their hands full already.

It's a blast in the spirit of giving.

One of the other hobby forums I am a member on has a Christmas thread, in which members post and offer free gifts to other site members.

Every year at this time there is an influx of "new members" and believe me they come out of the wood work..
The thread is closely monitored with rules set in place by volunteers as the mods have their hands full already.

It's a blast in the spirit of giving.

That's a really nice idea. How do they decide who gets what? Is it like a "secret Santa"?

Holy Canoli look at All the new member intro's today !

Welcome to all of the new members ....

There weren't that many new members. I posted a welcome to each of the new members who joined the last few weeks, so it just looks like a lot. We are growing, but not that fast.

Holy cow was my thought also. This site is growing very fast. I just hope in does not become convoluted with the stress and nonsense which brought me here from "the others".

I hope not also. We try to stay true to our mission here. And, we are not for profit. Without the need to make money and generate profit, it's a whole different ball game here. The biggest stress is to generate income to cover the expenses. We are doing well in that regard.

I marvel at the fact that I started this as a personal board so that my questions on machining could be answered without people ragging on me. 10,100 members later, here we are. Those who want to bang people on the head stay at "the others," and those who don't come here.

Some members post pics of a wrapped gift. so it is like a Christmas present.

These are the posted rules.

The 2014 Christmas Gifting Thread is a fun way for XXXX members to share with each other.

A member (“gifter”) may offer an item, for example, a turn fin, as a gift. The gift will go to the first member (“recipient”) to respond with something to the effect of “I’d like to have that.” The gifter will mail the fin to the recipient.

A member may not ask for an item that is not being offered. Examples, not allowed: “I need a XCXCX for my Christmas, who has one?” Or “ I need XXXX hint, hint.” Or “I sure could use a XXXX.”

A gift doesn’t have to be new. Brief but specific descriptions are recommended. Pictures are not required, but are preferred so we all get to see the goodies.

A member does not have to give in order to receive, or the other way around.

A member must have been a member of this site for at least 30 days to receive a gift. The rule must be met when the gift is claimed.

A recipient may only receive one gift during the current season. We sometimes waive this rule after Christmas to clear out any offered items that have not been given away.

A gifter may offer as many items as they choose, whenever they choose to do so.

The gifter and the recipient should work out the details, including shipping. It is best that the gifter specify the shipping in the offer (example: post as XXX item, I pay the shipping). Some items may be pricey to ship, due to size and weight, and the recipient may be required to pay for shipping; please consider this when accepting the gift.

Nobody is required to participate, or required to give or to receive, so you are here by choice; let’s keep it civil. Just remember, if you offer something and don’t deliver, the recipient is left in limbo while they cannot claim another gift, so if you offer, please be prepared to deliver.

The purpose of the Gifting Thread is to have fun. The Thread is made possible by the generosity of the members who are willing to offer gift items, so please respect them. Please try to behave in an adult and friendly manner. Please, no squabbling over gifts and who got what.

Anyone arguing or bickering over gifts risks a minimum of 3 days off the Dock. And a stocking full of coal.

The Gifting Thread will start at 12:00 midnight (U.S. Eastern Time Zone) morning of Black Friday, November 28th, and run through and including New Years Day.

We have appointed **** ** < ******* as honorary Referee in charge of enforcing the rules of this thread and making sure everybody has a great Holiday Season.

Some members post pics of a wrapped gift. so it is like a Christmas present.

These are the posted rules.

The 2014 Christmas Gifting Thread is a fun way for XXXX members to share with each other.

A member (“gifter”) may offer an item, for example, a turn fin, as a gift. The gift will go to the first member (“recipient”) to respond with something to the effect of “I’d like to have that.” The gifter will mail the fin to the recipient.

A member may not ask for an item that is not being offered. Examples, not allowed: “I need a XCXCX for my Christmas, who has one?” Or “ I need XXXX hint, hint.” Or “I sure could use a XXXX.”

A gift doesn’t have to be new. Brief but specific descriptions are recommended. Pictures are not required, but are preferred so we all get to see the goodies.

A member does not have to give in order to receive, or the other way around.

A member must have been a member of this site for at least 30 days to receive a gift. The rule must be met when the gift is claimed.

A recipient may only receive one gift during the current season. We sometimes waive this rule after Christmas to clear out any offered items that have not been given away.

A gifter may offer as many items as they choose, whenever they choose to do so.

The gifter and the recipient should work out the details, including shipping. It is best that the gifter specify the shipping in the offer (example: post as XXX item, I pay the shipping). Some items may be pricey to ship, due to size and weight, and the recipient may be required to pay for shipping; please consider this when accepting the gift.

Nobody is required to participate, or required to give or to receive, so you are here by choice; let’s keep it civil. Just remember, if you offer something and don’t deliver, the recipient is left in limbo while they cannot claim another gift, so if you offer, please be prepared to deliver.

The purpose of the Gifting Thread is to have fun. The Thread is made possible by the generosity of the members who are willing to offer gift items, so please respect them. Please try to behave in an adult and friendly manner. Please, no squabbling over gifts and who got what.

Anyone arguing or bickering over gifts risks a minimum of 3 days off the Dock. And a stocking full of coal.

The Gifting Thread will start at 12:00 midnight (U.S. Eastern Time Zone) morning of Black Friday, November 28th, and run through and including New Years Day.

We have appointed **** ** < ******* as honorary Referee in charge of enforcing the rules of this thread and making sure everybody has a great Holiday Season.
I know this was back in 2014 but did a secret Santa thread ever start?

We’ve got that pass around box thread, which seems sort of like Christmas all year long.

Back