New pair of boots

gi_984

Active User
Registered
Needed a new pair of boots for the shop and general work. My old ones were worn out/cuts, etc and not worth resoling. Went to the high end local boot store. Thought I was going to get a new pair of Redwings. Tried several high end brands besides Redwing. No Joy on all of them. The salesman of 20 plus years suggested a pair of Thorogood work boots. I never heard of them. Holy cow what a difference! Fit and feel great. Told the guy they feel like a boot version of Chuck Taylors. The guy grinned and said they sell a lot of them to folks who stand on their feet a lot for work. I've had them for a month. US made and worth every penny. No skin in the game just a satisfied customer. If you're in the market for a good pair of comfortable boots:

http://www.weinbrennerusa.com/dspNavCategory.cfm?rootID=1&catid=100

I wore redwings for about 25 years. After they changes the makeup of the soles, I will never purchase them again.
My son and I both wear Thorogood work boots. Great Boots! Al

Me too, and I live in Red Wing. Most of them are made in China now. The made in the US Red Wings are still very nice but choices are limited.
I'm on my third pair of Thorogoods. Great boots and made in the sovereign state of Wisconsin.

Thorogood is the most comfortable boot I have worn in more than 50 yrs of working on my feet. Just found them about 10 yrs ago. And will have no other now.
Kudos to our American workers, let's hope that Wisconsin will continue to be the producer of this fine product.

I sure hope they stay in business. We need to buy quality American made shoes and boots. I really like the wedge soles. They grip well but are softer than a lot of other boots I've worn. My feet thank me every time I put them on!

Thanks for the info.... I have been using Red Wings for 50 years.

Trying on a new pair of composite toe Red Wings. $220. Made in Veitnam. Just wanted to try them on.

Thanks for the heads up on the Thorogoods. What style and price did you pay? Is the mocassin style toe very durable? There may be some in my future.

I have been wearing Thorogood for 15 years now. I have one insulated pair for those below 40 days and a regular pair for all other days. I order them from bootsonline.com. No problem for EEE size.

Theunionbootpro.com
That's were I buy my Thorogoods.
They're very comfy but my soles wear fairly quick. All day walking on concrete.

Back