New PM-25MV Mill

My ballnut is the opposit way and goes through the hole in the block, so the hole is 36mm, yours looks like it just sits on top so you only need a hole just over 20mm(the size of the ballscrew but you will lose travel, even more if you have double nuts like mine.

My ballnut is the opposit way and goes through the hole in the block, so the hole is 36mm, yours looks like it just sits on top so you only need a hole just over 20mm(the size of the ballscrew
You can take the ballnut off and put it back on the opposite way.

I know but I have to make another one anyway as the hole is now 36mm, on the drawing it looks like your fixture block has a hole a little more than 20mm maybe 1" at most so only the threaded ballscrew can pass through but the ballnut cannot, you can tell by the distance from the boltholes to the centre.

I know but I have to make another one anyway as the hole is now 36mm, on the drawing it looks like your fixture block has a hole a little more than 20mm maybe 1" at most so only the threaded ballscrew can pass through but the ballnut cannot, you can tell by the distance from the boltholes to the centre.
I feel like there may be a bit of communication error here as you are repeating back to me exactly what I am saying.

I noticed you added a bit more to a previous post, but even with a double nut screw, no travel is lost having the ballnut facing down.

fCNERzb.png

That's an awesome pic. Fusion?
Robert

The way mine is made to mount is different and is similar to this
115782-yamasaki-mazak-mltplx-620-axis-ball-screw-assembly-cnc-lathe-604097594.jpg

The nut goes through the block and is not sitting on it like yours, The photo is not mine Its a download from google(thanks original owner)to illustrate what I mean by the nut going through the block. If I turn it round like yours, mine being double I will loose lift as its about 4-5" long, If I put it on the underside I will have to be carefull not to lower too much or balls might fall out.
Best way is make a new one but didn't want to disassemble to measure and reasemble to make if someone already had made one to fit a 2005 ballnut thats 36mm diameter instead of 28 like the 1605 ballnut.

Back