New Shop question

Phils69

Active User
Registered
Hello All,

i just us thought a house that came with a large shop. I guess I should say I bought a large shop that came with a house LOL. I have most of my machine tool stuff at a friends so I have it mostly open so I can install my phase converter, shelving and what not. The interior hasn't been painted and that is my question. I love to be able to see what I am doing and I plan to paint the ceiling and walls white. Do you guys think that will help to brighten it up in there? The previous owner left me two stacks of lexan so after painting I plan on putting that on the wall up to like a six foot level behind any machines where hot chips or grinding sparks might hit the wall. I'm thinking that will reduce any chance of fire hazard and also give a surface that can be cleaned quickly. Any thoughts?

You can't go wrong with the white walls and ceiling, it's the only way to go.

:thumbsup2:

Hello All,

i just us thought a house that came with a large shop. I guess I should say I bought a large shop that came with a house LOL. I have most of my machine tool stuff at a friends so I have it mostly open so I can install my phase converter, shelving and what not. The interior hasn't been painted and that is my question. I love to be able to see what I am doing and I plan to paint the ceiling and walls white. Do you guys think that will help to brighten it up in there? The previous owner left me two stacks of lexan so after painting I plan on putting that on the wall up to like a six foot level behind any machines where hot chips or grinding sparks might hit the wall. I'm thinking that will reduce any chance of fire hazard and also give a surface that can be cleaned quickly. Any thoughts?

The chips and sparks will mark up the lexan pretty quickly. Seems like a waste to use it up for that.

I wouldn't normally use the lexan for that but he left a pile of it and it's not brand new stuff. It's like 2' X 4' and if it was stacked together it would probaly be about 6' high. I'm thinking the white will work well too. I'll post a pic when I get it done.

Back