New sight for my 177 air gun

cathead

CATWERKS LTD
Registered
Somehow the plastic sight on my Daisy model 120 .177 caliber air rifle broke off. After a bit of digging in my brass scrap box, I sawed off a
piece of brass from an old toilet tank valve to use as a basis for a new sight. I used a 5c collet to hold the part in the lathe so I could drill
the piece to for the business end of the rifle barrel. After a bit of grinding and polishing, it looks like it will work.P1020697.JPG.
Here it is installed on the end of the air rifle.

P1020698.JPG
The height of the old sight and the new sight are about the same so with a little sighting in, I should be back in business. I will throw the rest
of that old toilet tank valve back in my scrap brass box and sooner or later, it will get used for something.

It was an hour well spent in the shop.

@cathead,

Seriously........nice job.
I respect both the DIY fix and wise (re-)use of resources.

........and now since I am in a silly mood

A flush of creativity.
In both endeavors aim is important.
Don't let any scraps go to waste.
Hind Sight is 20/20.
oh crap , better stop now......;)

Sorry!
-brino

Nice work.
I’m a huge fan of creative solutions like that.
And [mention]brino [/mention] Groan!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@cathead,

Seriously........nice job.
I respect both the DIY fix and wise (re-)use of resources.

........and now since I am in a silly mood

A flush of creativity.
In both endeavors aim is important.
Don't let any scraps go to waste.
Hind Sight is 20/20.
oh crap , better stop now......;)

Sorry!
-brino

Brino,

That was, well........ ummmm....... priceless! Thanks, you made my day.

Somehow the plastic sight on my Daisy model 120 .177 caliber air rifle broke off. After a bit of digging in my brass scrap box, I sawed off a
piece of brass from an old toilet tank valve to use as a basis for a new sight. I used a 5c collet to hold the part in the lathe so I could drill
the piece to for the business end of the rifle barrel. After a bit of grinding and polishing, it looks like it will work.View attachment 316314.
Here it is installed on the end of the air rifle.

View attachment 316315
The height of the old sight and the new sight are about the same so with a little sighting in, I should be back in business. I will throw the rest
of that old toilet tank valve back in my scrap brass box and sooner or later, it will get used for something.

It was an hour well spent in the shop.

Since you mentioned the Daisy Powerline 120, I have had one sitting in it's original box with paperwork for a long time. Any interest? Nice (and classy) sight repair. Diecutter

Back