New to me G0752 lathe... install and mods to come..

Hey Mikey! How's it going?

Going okay, just getting old. Having to get back to weight training just to keep doing the stuff I need to do. I'm cracking myself up thinking of how I used to lift and comparing it to what I can do now. I used to be able to deadlift 150# with one hand; now I have to use two hands and am passing gas in the process!

Haven't seen you on the forum for some time now. Glad to see you're still with us. Stay safe and take good care of yourself, my friend.

Going okay, just getting old. Having to get back to weight training just to keep doing the stuff I need to do. I'm cracking myself up thinking of how I used to lift and comparing it to what I can do now. I used to be able to deadlift 150# with one hand; now I have to use two hands and am passing gas in the process!

Haven't seen you on the forum for some time now. Glad to see you're still with us. Stay safe and take good care of yourself, my friend.

Thanks Mikey! I'm still around. Lots of irons in the proverbial fires keeps my time divided. I hear ya on the getting older thing. I just trurned 59 but I don't feel a day over 90. lol...

Terry, was working on my lathe today and checked my old 4Way tool post handle to see if it would work on my quick change tool post like you did, but it is to large for the post. What is your handles original handles thread size and the quick change tool posts size you drilled and tapped to.
Last question what was the part number of the handle you ordered from Grizzly.

Terry, was working on my lathe today and checked my old 4Way tool post handle to see if it would work on my quick change tool post like you did, but it is to large for the post. What is your handles original handles thread size and the quick change tool posts size you drilled and tapped to.
Last question what was the part number of the handle you ordered from Grizzly.

Pretty sure the original size was M10x1.5. I drilled and tapped to to M14x1.5 to match the stud on the QCTP.

Here are the part numbers for the hub and handle:

1P0602219TOOL POST HANDLE HUB
1P0602218TOOL POST HANDLE

Thanks, very much Terry.

My lathe is a little larger 12x37. I have eh AXA Quick Change and I think they are 9/16" post, but not sure. The 4 Way I have is larger than the AXA post so thinking maybe use the one you bought.

I could fab a new hub if the lathe was running but all this work is being done in storage. Plus, I would like to keep my 4 way in tack in case I want to sell it. It will easily handle 5/8" tools.

Pretty sure the original size was M10x1.5. I drilled and tapped to to M14x1.5 to match the stud on the QCTP.

Here are the part numbers for the hub and handle:

1P0602219TOOL POST HANDLE HUB
1P0602218TOOL POST HANDLE

Well went to storage and got the nut from my tool post. I went to the hardware store as I couldn't find my pitch gauge. It looks like it is a M14 probably 1.5 pitch like yours as the 2.0 pitch they had there started but wouldn't go.

Went to order these parts for the handle and they are out of stock. Put in for notification when they come available.. Thanks again for the info.

Back