• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You
  • June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

New to Me Jet Mill.

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

mcostello

Active User
I bought a new to Me Jet mill that is Bridgeport sized. Anything to look out for. For a '98 model it seems to be lightly used, .015 backlash on both axis. Need a manual it is a JVM 942K. 8 speed step pulley machine.

kvt

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
I do not see any pictures, no pictures must mean it is a figment of the imagination.

Well, nice find I hope.

Silverbullet

I don't see it either not even xses in squares

mcostello

Active User
Will post when installation starts. Price- drool worthy. Waited 5 hours at an auction of a life time for it to come up.

kvt

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Wait that is from 2008, or did the camera reset. It almost looks like you need a wider door. or you can keep it at my place.

Silverbullet

Being copied from Bridgeport and jet import , it's probably a much better then some newer models. Jet tries to stand behind there machines and tools. If you got this for under $2k you did well by the sound of the backlash. Good luck

mcostello

Active User
Camera reset. AHEM $700,sounded right. Trying to decide between upgrading a 2 hp pony motor to a 5hp laying around to run the 2 HP mill, or really upgrading and getting a Vfd.

[6]
[5] [7]