New (To Me) Scam

projectnut

Registered
Registered
Just when you think you've seen it all another scam appears. This morning I went to the gas station to fill up and wash the truck. After getting gas and paying for the car wash, I got in line. There were 4 cars in front of me, so it was going to take a few minutes. The line slowly progressed without incident until the car in front of me started to enter.

He kept backing in and out as though he was having trouble getting aligned. What I didn't realize at the time is that he had never paid for a car wash. He was going through the motions until he saw me enter my code in the machine. Then he drove forward triggering the wash to start. As soon as the brushes stopped moving, he shot out of there like a rabbit. I waited for the wash to stop, reset, and signal me to enter. When nothing happened, I realized I'd been scammed. Fortunately, I called into the store, and they gave me a new code.

It's just hard to believe anyone would stoop so low as to steal a $10.00 car wash. With all the cameras around the place I'm sure they have good photos of the car, the driver, and the license plate.

Crazy what some people do. At the Automatic car washes in Los Angeles they have signs up saying do not pay until the car in front of you is being washed. Now it makes perfect sense as to the signage.

Cutting oil is my blood.

Just when you think you've seen it all another scam appears. This morning I went to the gas station to fill up and wash the truck. After getting gas and paying for the car wash, I got in line. There were 4 cars in front of me, so it was going to take a few minutes. The line slowly progressed without incident until the car in front of me started to enter.

He kept backing in and out as though he was having trouble getting aligned. What I didn't realize at the time is that he had never paid for a car wash. He was going through the motions until he saw me enter my code in the machine. Then he drove forward triggering the wash to start. As soon as the brushes stopped moving, he shot out of there like a rabbit. I waited for the wash to stop, reset, and signal me to enter. When nothing happened, I realized I'd been scammed. Fortunately, I called into the store, and they gave me a new code.

It's just hard to believe anyone would stoop so low as to steal a $10.00 car wash. With all the cameras around the place I'm sure they have good photos of the car, the driver, and the license plate.
Been there, scammed by all appearances was a soccer mom in Lexus SUV with kids in the back. Scumbags come in all stripes.

And people wonder why prices are rising: more cheats & scofflaws.

Awfully tempting to pull right up on their bumper but not enter the code. Just sit there with them pinned in. Then go into the store and tell the clerk that there seems to be a problem.

Probably end up getting my car keyed. No wonder I avoid car washes. That's my excuse! ;)

Take your tractor, rabler. It needs it more than the car.... just sayin'. Happy Thanksgiving!

Back