Newall NMS300 DRO problem

dpb

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
I’m trying to use the feed rate function on a Newall NMS300 DRO, on a mill. As far as I can tell, I have it set to show inches per minute. All I’m getting are increments of 6. It will show a feed rate of zero, as feed speed is increased, it will show 6, increase it a bunch more, and the 6 changes to 12, etc.
The DRO is brand new, and otherwise appears to be functional.
Any ideas?

mksj

Active User
Did you check that the feed rate function is on and set to the correct rate (IPM):
Func .. Feed ON
Setup .. Feed Minutes and inches
Otherwise call Newall tech.

dpb

Did you check that the feed rate function is on and set to the correct rate (IPM):
Func .. Feed ON
Setup .. Feed Minutes and inches
Otherwise call Newall tech.
The setup checks out. I called Newall tech. They called me back pretty quickly but had no answers, said they’d call me back tomorrow. It shifts from 6 to 12 to 18, etc. right when it ought to, I’d just like to see the numbers in between.

dpb

Tech support called me back. Says they tested one, had the same problem. The issue has been forwarded to engineering, but no clue if / when there will be a resolution. Apparently this edition of the product has been on the market for 2-3 years, and I’m the first complaint about this issue.
Can’t complain about the response time, but this is irritating.