Newbie with problems

erniehatt

Registered
Registered
Hi All, I am new here, not altogether new to CNC as I have built one, using a Raspberry PI, and a Proteneer hat, it had a 400 spindle.I am in the process off rebuilding it, to use a VFD and a 1.5 kw spindle.
This is where my problem arises, never had anything to do with VFD's and have a problem setting it up, I am hoping that someone more intelligent than I can help me out.
Only info on it is that it is an A2-8015, and an input voltage of 220 volts.
I don't have problems with the wiring. Thanks Ernie

Last edited:
There are some good electrical people here, welcome. My only help is, don't let the smoke out :)

So the option of a rotary phase converter is not being considered?

Sorry but I am not sure to what you are referring.

I was assuming that (1) your machine (motor) is 3 phase, and (2) you had chosen to use a VFD (rather than a rotary phase converter) to convert the single phase 220V coming from your shop’s electrical outlet to the 3 phase 220V required for the motor of your machine.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Yes I do have the VFD and a 1.5KW Spindle, left over from a Chinese 6040 CNC which did not work as it should have, could not get the spindle to work, so I got a Huan Yang VFD and 2.2kw Spindle which works fine.
So I decided to rebuild my original DIY machine, with the intention of using the 1.5kw Spindle, that's how come I bought another cheaper VFD, the Isacon A2 Series, the setup is entirely different to the Huan Yang which was given to me by the seller. But I can find nothing on the A2 series.

There is the manual.

There is quite a few threads using this specific model in the CNC forums. A few seconds on Google "isacon a2 series vfd"

These are a copy of the Chinese Huan Yang VFD and even cheaper, there have been a few posts with them in the HM, last one it could not be configured for the motor. The major issue I see for them not working correctly with high speed spindle motors is incorrect parameter such as the base speed is NOT 60 hz. They also have no motor tuning, their parameter adjustments are rudimentary. If a motor won't run, they have about a 25% DOA according to other reviewers. Have worked with a few Haun Yang in the past, but do not deal with them anymore.

Attachments

• A2 VFD Manual.pdf
    237.2 KB · Views: 11
There is the manual.

There is quite a few threads using this specific model in the CNC forums. A few seconds on Google "isacon a2 series vfd"

These are a copy of the Chinese Huan Yang VFD and even cheaper, there have been a few posts with them in the HM, last one it could not be configured for the motor. The major issue I see for them not working correctly with high speed spindle motors is incorrect parameter such as the base speed is NOT 60 hz. They also have no motor tuning, their parameter adjustments are rudimentary. If a motor won't run, they have about a 25% DOA according to other reviewers. Have worked with a few Haun Yang in the past, but do not deal with them anymore.
Yes I have seen, those articles you mentioned, and I do have a manual, it came in the package, but I had a job understanding it at first, but after reading it over and over again I am starting to get the hang of it, I am waiting for some cables to arrive, when they come I will give it ago, and get back.

Back