Niagara Brake

E

ecdez

Forum Guest
Register Today
So, this followed me home yesterday (literally; on my trailer). Story is, it was bought sometime around '93, used for 6 months and mothballed. There is a lockout tag on the main switch that is dated '04. Best part,..... FREE!

They were going to trash it in a few months when they cleaned out the building it was in. They figured they would have to pay people to dispose of it so they might as well let me have it. Not bad.

Anyone have a manual for it? Niagara 1B-15. There are some on ebay, but free would be better.

brake1.jpgbrake2.jpgbrake3.jpgbrake4.jpg

brake1.jpg brake2.jpg brake3.jpg brake4.jpg

That needs to be back in the factory working I hope you make some bucks off of it.

I'm calling the cops! Holy crap that thing looks nice. I have a 4' brake I need to get running.

Wow that is a nice one, try googling "niagra press brake manual pdf" and look down the list, first ones are "paid" not always the best link.

http://www.bcntechserv.com/
Wont be free from them by any means but with serial number they can get you anything parts, manuals etc for that bad boy.
Looks like its a clone of the old Diacro mechanicals. Nice shape too.

Thanks for those links. The parts list should be helpful.

My first priority is getting it off the trailer. Not sure if my original plan is going to work. Sounded good in my head but execution is always different :thinking:.

what a beauty. i'd have given my right & left . . . . wait a minute, not so fast. . . . . great haul. u suck for sure.

Through quite a contraption of chains, straps, a come-along and a very helpful pallet jack, I got it off the trailer and into it's new home.

If you don't have a pallet jack, I highly recommend it. It's turned out to be very useful over the last week or so.

I've added some more pictures for future reference should someone stumble across this thread in the future.

Niagara 1B-15

home.jpgclutch&brake.jpgData tag.jpglube.jpgmotor.jpgBrake1.jpgbrake2.jpgbrake3.jpgbrake4.jpgelec1.jpgelec2.jpgelec3.jpgelec4.jpg

home.jpg clutch&brake.jpg Data tag.jpg lube.jpg motor.jpg Brake1.jpg brake2.jpg brake3.jpg brake4.jpg elec1.jpg elec2.jpg elec3.jpg elec4.jpg

One of the guys at work found the original manual. I've scanned it to a pdf so if anyone needs a copy, let me know.

Back