Nice Calculator

DaveH link=topic=3049.msg21451#msg21451 date=1312897144 said:
Highpower,

Highpower link=topic=3049.msg21450#msg21450 date=1312896831 said:
I got the "dumbed down" version on sale somewhere for $30. ;)

For this dummy here, just explain that expession for me please.

DaveH
Meaning it just has the most basic functions, and not all the scientific notation and functions of the more expensive unit. More suited to a hobby machinist rather than a pro. "So easy a caveman could do it." <wink, wink - nudge, nudge>

My two biggest problems are (I'm sure other will disagree... ;) ) that I am LOUSY in math, and suffer from CRS. (Can't remember...... stuff.)
Rather than have to walk over to the toolbox and dig out the "bible" to look up feeds and speeds all the time (there's that CRS again) it's much quicker for me to just grab the calculator. I actually have a scientific calculator but most of the upper buttons have never been touched. ::)
And me trying to remember formulas for figuring RPM and FPM? Forgedabout-it!!!

As far as turning cranks and calculated feeds, I need to at least get into the correct ballpark before I can fine tune afterward. Power feeds on the lathe and mill do the cranking. Feed chart on the lathe from the factory, and the DRO on the mill displays feed rate. As a hobbyist, I don't get to do this stuff enough for it to become second nature to me. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Turn the speed up or down till it feels right.

Alex.

When the old calculator between my ears blows out,it's all over!!:) ``

george wilson link=topic=3049.msg21602#msg21602 date=1312942838 said:
When the old calculator between my ears blows out,it's all over!!:) ``

I'm history :( :( I think sometimes mines gone @#@#@#

~Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Back