Non-circular Bore ER Collets

kcoffield

Registered
Registered
Do any manufacturers offer such a thing, like hex or square? Plenty out there for other style collets. Sort of runs out of the lane of the purpose of precision collets but more of a convenience interest for me while the ER32 collet holder is mounted up. Sure, I could make a set, but......

Never seen them offered. Anyone?

Best,
Kelly

macardoso

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Tap collets have a square bore behind a circular bore for supporting the tap shank, but not what you're looking for. Square and hex R8 and 5C collets exist, but not sure about ER collets

Nogoingback

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Harold Hall did an article on making jaws for that purpose:

wrat

Registered
Registered
I've seen them, and used them, in square and hex, but not in ER32.
That was on a Monarch from many years ago, so I'd be guessing but probably R-8 collets.

Weldingrod1

Registered
Registered
Yeah, I think I found some, bit super spendy... i would make them yourself. Maybe anneal, pack the slots, clamp, and broach the hole?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

WobblyHand

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I have a MariTool hex ER32 collet in 1/4". Bought it to turn down some precision hex bits. Worked great.
PXL_20210409_203626395.jpg PXL_20210409_210057755.jpg

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock