Norton lathe info?

Lood

Active User
Registered
I have a very, very old Norton lathe. My father got it somewhere, many moons ago and when I was still at school, he assembled it and did some minor work on it. I do remember that he always complained that the lathe wasn't true - that was about 30 odd years ago!
Anyhow, when I moved home, 10 years ago, I brought it with me and unfortunately, I was damaged slightly during transport.

I have a lot of sentiment on this machine and some day, when I've gained enough experience, I would like to restore it to a proper working condition. Even though i might not actually use it, I would just have it sit in my shop. Strange enough, however, i can't seem to find any information on the internet on Norton lathes. If anybody can point me in the right direction, or has any information on these, I would really appreciate it.

Please show us some pictures of it in the condition it is in now----we will search for information with you----Dave

It could have been another brand but called Northon Lathe due to having the desired Norton box. Or perhaps it is the Hendy-Norton lathe? http://www.lathes.co.uk/hendey/page2.html

I understand you want to save it, and use it from time to time in shop, with the great connections to your father and recent times that it has.

Happy New Year!

Back