Not Bad To Be Done By An....

moddy

Registered
Registered
Hello

A friend of mine came over one afternoon this week, just to have a cup of coffee and a chat. I have known him for years, and worked together with him on several projects during the years. Since he also have some feelings for Old Iron, we went out in the shop where I currently work on restoring an old Italian lathe.

http://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/maxnovo-tam-18-x-40-inch-lathe-restoration-project.29197/

A part of the story is that I am an Senior Engineer with a truck load of experience, and he is an industrial mechanic with about the same truck load of experience. He is among the people whose opinion is realy heavy in my scale.

After a good look at the lathe and the parts I was currently working on he came with his statement:

"Not bad to be done by an Engineer"

Coming from him that made me a bit proud, but also made me think a bit over his opinion on engineers in general....

Yup. I often get that after I have finished a mechanical machining project. "not bad for an ELECTRICAL engineer" which is what I am.

David

I'm a geologist by profession so I get the same thing but like, "Not bad for a dirt person/ rockhead."

Back