Not following the rules

Can't TELL you how many times I forgot to turn the bottle on when MIG'ing. And then, there was the time I LEFT it on when done and didn't notice it for a month and then it was all gone. Geez, I'm an idiot!

Yup I forgot to turn on the gas a few times. After having done it the first time I now instantly know what the problem is. I only forgot to turn off the gas once, that cost me a new fresh tank of gas, I never done that again..........yet.

Yeah, forgot about that one. And the POS compressor that I have now that I retired is freaking noisy as %^*$!

And how about forgetting to tighten your lathe tool in the post? DoH!! Dummy

Leaving the lathe chuck key in... Only takes once to learn that one, so I hear.

Here's an embarrassing moment: I had to weld a round washer like element onto the end of a cutoff railroad spike...to make a coat hook, of all things. It was a little tricky to hold the spike and washer in place, so I propped up my bench vise, ran the spike through the bench vise from the bottom, so the vise caught and held on the flats of the spike. It was a clever setup. Then I welded the washer to the end of the spike. When it cooled, I realized that it was now impossible to get the spike/washer out of the vise.

Those spacial recognition skills are so demanding. :)

Spike.jpg

I did much the same with a sheetmetal brake, doing one bend, then for some reason, inserted the now bent piece in from the rear and did the second bend. Never heard the end of that from the old-timer machinists.

Last edited:
Back