Not the Beer!

RJSakowski

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
We've seen the toilet paper shortage, the Purell shortage and even rationing of bread and pasta.

The next shortage is beer. Apparently , modern brewing practices include adding carbonation to beer to create the fizz. The CO2 they are adding comes from the ethanol producers. as a byproduct. Due to the reduced demand for gasoline caused by the corona virus social distancing, ethanol producers are scaling back or shutting down their operations which means less CO2.

Lest you think, "so what, it's only beer; get over it", this also affects the soft drink industry and sparkling water producers.

I'm stocking up dang it.

The 151's gone too but whiskey is still safe...

Neat whiskey works as a "hand sanitizer", but it comes with quite the aroma, and succeeds in sending the wrong message.

Oh, no! You mean I need to panic buy something else already? Darn, I've already spent my life savings on toilet paper. And now I can't even cry in my beer? Oh, the humanity!

Tom

What I heard was that mills, lathes and other machines are going to be in short supply too. Better get out there and hoard hoard hoard! (JOKE!) :grin:

Back