Nothing in the shop, but pups ears good

Mmcmdl is right about the dogs, I lost my Schipperke last fall, in my avatar she is telling me she needs to go outside. I believe they have inherent values, for example on many occasions we were face to face (close enough she could check for food scraps in my mustache) she never licked my face.
Have a good day.
Ray

I'm a terrier dog guy. But my daughter just had to put one of her dogs down he had been getting spells and found out he had diabetes she did his shots daily and mega vet bills but he kept going down hill went blind and it was hard to see him so active and just withering away. He was a white curly hair dog about 35 lbs. Thanksgiving was his last time here. But my truck buddy is 19 yrs old having some issues vet said he wouldn't last much longer that was a year or so ago. He's a brown terrier Tiger Hunter Wills , catch birds in flight chase squirrels and climb trees to try harder. Yet defend me with his life. YUPP dogs are family members.

Yeah Silverbullet. I know exactly how you feel. It’s really tough. We actually had two pups. One was a Shih Tzu mix. Really a great pup for my mother. She was 20 y/o. She was blind. Couldn’t hear. And was peeing everywhere because she had diabetes. I moved in with my mother because she’s getting up in years.
So I was really beside myself....mopping pee all day and then taking care of my 16 y/o Ridgeback pup who was also having trouble controlling his bowels with his bad hind legs. He was dragging one rear paw due to paralysis. Anyway I just realized that it was wrong to keep both of them alive just for our selfish needs. They were both struggling.
It’s really hard. We had to put both down within 5 weeks of each other.
The void was just huge. I knew I needed another pup. Found a breeder in Palestine and drove there to get my Ridgeback pup. I can say.... that void is gone. This little pup is wearing me out too. But it’s worth it.
I’ve never met a dog I didn’t like. Can’t say the same for people.

Last edited:
Yeah Silverbullet. I know exactly how you feel. It’s really tough. We actually had two pups. One was a Shih Tzu mix. Really a great pup for my mother. She was 20 y/o. She was blind. Couldn’t hear. And was peeing everywhere because she had diabetes. I moved in with my mother because she’s getting up in years.
So I was really beside myself....mopping pee all day and then taking care of my 16 y/o Ridgeback pup who was also having trouble controlling his bowels with his bad hind legs. He was dragging one rear paw due to paralysis. Anyway I just realized that it was wrong to keep both of them alive just for our selfish needs. They were both struggling.
It’s really hard. We had to put both down within 5 weeks of each other.
The void was just huge. I knew I needed another pup. Found a breeder in Palestine and drove there to get my Ridgeback pup. I can say.... that void is gone. This little pup is wearing me out too. But it’s worth it.
I’ve never met a dog I didn’t like. Can’t say the same for people.
Dogs can tell good people from bad real quick. If they show anger ,,growl,, ya know there bad. My pup liked most but he sure warned me about the no good which I had already known from past experience.

Intuition is right, it is not uncommon in this area to see dogs riding on flatbed pickups pulling gooseneck stock trailers.
Many without leashes. As for my dog she owned the John Deere Gator utility truck I have. To keep from getting stuck in his pickup a neighbor borrowed the gator to do some work on his irrigation sprinkler. The second he started the Gator she jumped aboard, went to his field, waded in the sprinkler wheel ruts (one of her favorite things to do) got the seats all muddy then rode back home.

Just came across this thread, sorry about your friend. Just went through same thing a couple of weeks ago. Had to put down a five year old Rottie due to lymphoma. It’s a heart ache for sure. But, like you, I can’t go dog free and am listening to a pup whining now as I’m getting ready for bed.
Here’s to four legged friends come and gone.
3a0d6b75906d22afc79ce6c06915bf9f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brutus is a very handsome guy....that’s for sure.

Consider all above posts "liked". :D

I love dogs. Always had at least one up until a few years back when my wife's thyroid went berserk. When they finally got it under control, she was allergic to darn near everything, and especially pet hair so having a dog was no longer possible.

I'll limit my dog pictures to two:

beebgate.jpg

Our Rottie, Beebop and our mutt Gator Bait.

Beeb was my daughter's dog originally, named by my granddaughter. When my daughter decided to open a daycare, the Rottie had to go for insurance reasons. He had a loving home here until cancer took him.

Gator Bait was a Springer/Airedale mix as far as we could determine. I was stationed in Charleston SC when a coworker brought a box of pups to work and said any that weren't adopted by the end of the day would get used to troll for gators in the Cooper River. (He was kidding. I think.) Gator rode around in my uniform shirt pocket for the day and was a faithful companion for 15 years.

prettygirl.jpg

Fate is a purebred Akita. Technically, she's "mine" but due to wife's allergies lives with my younger daughter. We had gone to the breeder to visit my daughter's new pup (a male Akita) and start socializing him. Fate was about 6 months old and hadn't been placed as she didn't seem to care much for people. As soon as I came through the door, she attached herself to my leg and never left my side the whole time I was there. The breeder couldn't believe it. When we left, she laid by the door whining. I wound up buying her with the understanding that she'd live with my daughter and her new pup. I give her a "child support" envelope every month to cover her chow and vet bills.

Back