O-ring sizing

Everbilt stuff is definitely Chinese so it's probably a metric equivalent or something
I think you might be right, there are a ton more metric sizes than the inch standards, so they can probably easily come close enough to whatever inch size is needed.

I did find in my searching that Everbilt is owned by Grainger,

Everbilt is a bargain brand name that's owned by Home Depot. If it was a grocery store you'd call it their generic brand, or the store brand. What's in the bag, box, package or bin might have come from anywhere, may or may not change frequently, and may or may not have multiple suppliers for the same item at the same time. Although they'll be coming straight from the source, not necessarily being purchased through a competing retailer).

Home Depot and Grainder did go back and forth with ownership of a separate company some time ago. Another online hardware place. And some of the suppliers (at the time) for Everbilt were "discovered" one way or another by the internet at large, and it confuses the heck out of the AI searches, which are (if you're paying attention), clearly being beta tested at full scale with no option to opt out for a conventional algorithn.....

but I wasn’t able to find their website to see if they have a table of sizes.

Their website is Home Depot dot com.

Everbilt is a bargain brand name that's owned by Home Depot. If it was a grocery store you'd call it their generic brand, or the store brand. What's in the bag, box, package or bin might have come from anywhere, may or may not change frequently, and may or may not have multiple suppliers for the same item at the same time. Although they'll be coming straight from the source, not necessarily being purchased through a competing retailer).

Home Depot and Grainder did go back and forth with ownership of a separate company some time ago. Another online hardware place. And some of the suppliers (at the time) for Everbilt were "discovered" one way or another by the internet at large, and it confuses the heck out of the AI searches, which are (if you're paying attention), clearly being beta tested at full scale with no option to opt out for a conventional algorithn.....

Their website is Home Depot dot com.
This is where I got the info about Grainger, I don’t know if this is AI fantasy, or has some truth to it. It doesn’t really matter that much, more an interesting tidbit, Home Depot is the store of last resort to me, so unless it is a well known brand, I assume it is cheap and will only get me through until I can buy something good to replace it.

A few years ago, I had to come up with several o-ring options for a medical device we were working on. My go-to was the Parker Hannifin o-ring handbook. I tried to attach it here, but the document is too large. So, go to Parker Hannifin's website here, and on the right side, there is a link to it.
Also, here is a direct link to it.
I’ve had that for years, I was only interested in if the numbers at HD was a different system that I was unaware of, or a proprietary system that didn’t mean anything outside of that brand. I looked at Lowes, and the Danco o-rings use the same type of system, but Lowes does add the AS568 size in the description for those that match, so that is helpful.

It doesn’t really matter that much, more an interesting tidbit,

I want to second that remark before I go on, so we're agreeing that it IS trivia, and the product line is junk until proven otherwise.

I don't think that one is AI, although my feelings about the new AI search still stand.... I think rather that this is just an old school "blogger" on a pay per view/pay per click basis. They've been around just about as long as the internet as we know it, but the modern lack of attention, follow up, or simple reasoning has caused them to explode lately. (And thereby get a lot of attention, and thereby make them attractive to the AI's, but I digress....) There's a handful of blatant fact check fails in that article, and each of half a dozen I just skimmed through figuring out what was going on there. Just somebody putting up whatever they can come up with, collecting some fractional penny every time somebody goes there and does anything. I won't be bookmarking that one.

Just somebody putting up whatever they can come up with, collecting some fractional penny every time somebody goes there and does anything.
There seems to be a lot of that on the internet, and why I will never get rid of my books.

I'm a bit of a dork, and probably have ADD, so I was curious if the sizes of the o-rings at HD matched up with the AS568 dash numbers like the ones at Lowes, and all of them actually do. I took the published sizes on their websites, so no guarantees they are actually that size. The #115 I bought from HD does match the -118 dimensions, so at least that one is correct. HD seemed to round the cross section number, but Lowes stated it as a fraction, so I took the closest fraction on the HD sizes. As you can see from the chart, the numbers Everbilt and Danco use don't match at all, so that seems to confirm there is not some unknown standard they are using and these are probably just internal numbers to confuse us lol.

Attachments

• HD - Lowes O-Ring Interchange.xlsx
    11.3 KB · Views: 2
Back