OH OH ! I Think It's Dead?

speedre9

Active User
Registered
After may hours of wiring and, solving basic electrical issues, I finally got my c.n.c. router control box finished. But, I think I may have killed it ?. I plugged it in, flipped the power toggle switches to on, one by one, there are two for power and, one for an enable function for my bob. Well, all I got was a snap sound, a lighted L.E.D. on the relay board for the spindle motor function, which promptly went out! I have a power supply for the B.O.B. and for 12VDC to run fans but they did not start which should have happened. There was no life in the GECKOS and no indication anything was on at all. I will add my schematic drawing later after I convert it to a suitable format. But until then any ideas I do not know very much about electrical stuff. HELP:veryscared::noidea:

Well that sucks. Unfortunately, without a lot more information, about all I can tell you is that it doesn't work. I'll be looking for the schematic.

Schematic Added For OH OH Post

O.K. I'm trying to add it I have it wired up like this exactly. Where did I go wrong?

Attachments

• COMPONENT LAYOUT SCHEMATIC.pdf
    186.7 KB · Views: 49
Re: Schematic Added For OH OH Post

First thing that jumps out to me is e-stop button circuits are usually normally closed. Without the book on the control I can't be certain.

+1 what jim18655 said.

The other thing that I notice is the wire colors. The same wire color is used for different voltages, that is a recipe for disaster, it's too easy to get confused. The way I normally would do this for 120VAC incoming power is:

120VAC in
Black = Hot
White = Neutral
Green = Ground

Then:
Red = 48VDC +
Blue = 48VDC-

Then the rest = Not the above colors

I would use multi-conductor cables for the low power circuits, it's easier to keep track of them.

Having said that, about the only thing you can do is see if there is a wiring error. As far as the schematic goes, nothing else jumps out at me.

My guess is that there is a wire connected to the wrong terminal somewhere.

Relevent threads merged.

Addressing the color of the wire.
The, original manufacturers, transformer I have has the primary wire color of, RED and BLACK, hence the color change. White to RED. All the other wiring is a copy of the colors used in its original configuration, before re wire and re building in a larger enclosure.
The E STOP is a NORMALLY CLOSED button switch.
I have since removed the only circuit that's different than what was original to my machine, that being the cnc4pc c-37 relay board, and its related toggle switch, which I'm not sure is necessary. I can now operate it manually. I await further information from cnc4c.
I am getting closer to seeing my way with this issue. Please continue your advice and comments as they are very helpful in my endeavors.

Let's address the e-stop circuit. The schematic you uploaded shows a NO button. I thought the schematic was how you wired the controls leading me to think the switch was wrong. If that is the manufacturer's recommended schematic are you using a NO e-stop?

No sir. That was my feeble attempt at using an incorrect symbol. I don't know the symbol for a normally closed e stop switch, my bad. I'm sorry.

Back