Oil filter adaptor Brass or stainless supplier

mofosheee

Registered
Registered
Hello Hobby Machinists
Please refer to the pictures. I'm having trouble finding a brass oil filter adapter to fit the aluminum replica that I made.
The first picture is what I milled. It's 0.5" thick. The second and third are of where I want to go.
I'm unable to locate a flared brass 1/2" NPT thread that will allow me to drill and tap for a 1/8" NPT thread as pictured in the second pic. All help appreciated!
Thank you

Attachments

• XRoilfilter0.jpg
    XRoilfilter0.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 42
  • XR oil filter1.jpg
    XR oil filter1.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 36
  • XR oil filter adaptor.jpg
    XR oil filter adaptor.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 35
  • XRoilfilter2.jpg
    XRoilfilter2.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 33
I have taken larger fittings and drilled and tapped the fitting ID for the next size down .
SAE and JIC flare fittings can often be adapted or purchased in the correct form

McMaster Carr is a place to start
Aeroquip, And Eaton are trusted names

Thank you for responding. I've searched the universe, just not looking in the right places.
Yes, I understand that I have to turn the hex down & thread it for the aluminum block. It's all about the other end.
I am having difficulty in finding a fitting (see picture) with a diameter small enough that will allow drill and tap for the 1/8"NPT.

Thanks again

Attachments

• XRoilfilter6.jpg
    XRoilfilter6.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 23
you may look at hyd nipples which will have a much thicker wall. you can also use a reducer to get down to 1/8" if needed.
Dave

Thanks for that advice about hi press hydraulic...........Think I'm gettin somewhere. The 1/2" flare is perfect, could be a little longer.

Attachments

• XRoilfilter7.jpg
    XRoilfilter7.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 21
Thank you for responding. I've searched the universe, just not looking in the right places.
Yes, I understand that I have to turn the hex down & thread it for the aluminum block. It's all about the other end.
I am having difficulty in finding a fitting (see picture) with a diameter small enough that will allow drill and tap for the 1/8"NPT.

Thanks again

I don't really understand the description of what you want. However, if the goal is to create a 1/8" NPT female thread in a hole that is TOO large, use a 1/2" NPT (male) x 1/8" NPT (female) brass or steel bushing. Turn the OD down to fit and braze (or silver solder) into the other fitting.

Back