Old age planning ahead

ltlvt

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
If you are an old Shop Rat like me who loves being in the shop more than the house plan ahead for the work, you will need to do when your body refuses to cooperate. I built this overhead hoist rail system at least 25 years ago knowing there would come a time when I would need to lift things, I could no longer lift by myself. The short clips are me getting the drive motor for my Clausing 5913 ready to install. The motorcycle lift is a purchase I paid $40 for at a garage sale. It will help me to snake the motor into the place Clausing hid it at. I will be wearing knee pads when I slide it into place. Enjoy the videos.

This is the secret to being able to continue functioning as you age. Working smarter, letting the machines do the work, planning your workflow to minimize lifting, bending and strain. I've put a lot of thought and effort into my firewood processing to reduce the handling and stress on my body. Now I get hardly any exercise at all.

Good planning. Nice shop, I like the tall ceiling. Looks like it could get pretty warm in there in the summer though!
Martin
It is a sweat box when it is hot. Thanks for the kind words.

This is the secret to being able to continue functioning as you age. Working smarter, letting the machines do the work, planning your workflow to minimize lifting, bending and strain. I've put a lot of thought and effort into my firewood processing to reduce the handling and stress on my body. Now I get hardly any exercise at all.
My shop is what I live for. I rarely drive to town unless I just need something but every day, I spend some time in my shop even if it is just sitting and thinking.

good planning. so did you get the motor in ?
tomorrow?
Here it is. That Motorcycle lift made it smooth as silk. I still need to put the belts on and hook the wires up to the drum switch but that is all EZ-PZ stuff. I have already ran the motor with the drum switch and the rotary phase converter on the bench and now it is just connect the dots. Thanks for the comment.

Frig that's a big motor....... I'd want some help too!

Brian

Back