Old Gas In Briggs & Stratton Engines Fix

racecar builder

Registered
Registered
mini biker's

i want to get old gas out and put in some nice new fresh gas!:)

it's like pulling teeth getting a new siphon hose!:mad:

the local NAPA store is too far out of the way.

i used to have a 5 or 6 foot long piece of clear

hose for siphoning.

it was 1/2" or 5/8".

i will try aquarium section at walmart and just get SOMETHING!

Have A Nice Day!

If the gas is that bad you prolly should pull the carb/tank and clean it out good. If there is rust or junk in the tank a little Phosphoric acid from the pool store will clean it right up nice and shiny. Dont leave it in too long or you will regret the holes it will make, but a good thorough swirl and slosh works great. Make sure the diaphram is soft and flexible and the screens on the pick up tubes are clear and you should be good to go. Holler if you need help setting it up or solving other issues. Did it for a living for a good long time...
Bob

rusty

these are Briggs & Stratton's with tank right underneath very simple carb.

tank could be unbolted and dumped.

i'll just siphon it out thank you.

gas is only about a year old.

'an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure'

Have A Nice Day!

Briggs and Stratton 2HP 001.JPG

i would just unbolt tank and dump it out, i have seen some after a yr of setting the gas turns to thick soup at the bottom of tank and clogs the little tower filters, then spray you some carb cleaner in tank, always spray you some fuel staybalyzer if going to set awhile:biggrin:Mac

Sta-Bil gas additive has saved my bacon on a few occasions. I forget to run the tractor or compressor or pressure washer dry and go to use it next spring and dam, full of fuel. I just dumped and refilled. Talk about getting lucky. Hope you get as lucky too. I religously add sta-bill to every can every time I fill it, except in my race bike because it causes detonation and pre-ignition ping and could damage the engine. I still have my 2006 YZ 250 Mx Yamaha to ride when I finish recovering from all this surgery and stuff. May not make it all the way back to it, I may just have to stop when I get to my Honda Crf 4 stroke. Have fun and dispose of the old fuel responsibly.
Bob

IF these engines are going to sit, always drain tank or add a aditive to keep gas from vanishing up, if your going to drain use something like sea foam it will keep diaframs from drying out, now the ones that have the bowl and little copper floats if you dont drain these and there happens to be water in the fuel and or left out in the cold the water freezes and crushes the little floats, i have saved alot of these engines from going to scrap because of the little floats:biggrin:Mac

mr beckett & woody

let me tell you there is about one half inch of gas in

each of these three engines.

dumping it is not a big waste.

i think if i just run them now and keep running them

regularly i'll be out of the woods!:)

Have A Nice Day!

woody

i could keep them running cheaper if

i knew what car points fit in the Kohler.:)

i haven't really looked at contacts yet.

the whole points assembly looks nice and shiny!:)

Have A Nice Day!

Back