Old lathes found at junk yard

Suzuki4evr

Registered
Registered
I saw these at the local junk yard and the one with the round column is going on auction,but I don't know the value of it nor do I see a name. Sorry I didn't have time to take measurements,but it is not very big. I do love the way it looks. If I had the funds and space,I would have gone for it just because it looks cool.
20211122_091602.jpg20211122_091549.jpg
The owner of the junk yards son is keeping the second one. This one has a VFD conected to it. Both these machines are in great shape and looks awsome up close with no visible wear I can see. This one is a Swisten and apparently is German made.
20211122_091649.jpg20211122_091624.jpg
Do you guys know anything about these lathes and what they are worth?

Thanks for viewing.
-Michael-

Attachments

• 20211122_091649.jpg
    20211122_091649.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
They sure look interesting, especially the "Swisten" . Reminds me of a Myford.
The first one looks like it could be a watchmaker's lathe, possibly Zyto (English)
I'm sure at least one of them might be mentioned on the Lathes.co.uk website, but I've never seen either one before
I see a gearbox but no leadscrew on the Swisten, I wonder if it's tucked underneath?
-Mark
The name Carsten is mentioned for the Swisten on the Lathes.co.uk website and it is indeed German
A collector would probably pay a grand or more for that one

Last edited:
Hi Mark. Apparently the previous owner used it to make model train parts. Do you have any Idea on the worth of these machines?

Is the top one not a Drummond round bed lathe.

Back